What is the Liebster award? It's an award given to up and coming bloggers that have under 200 followers. It's a great way for bloggers to connect with each other and to get the word out about new blogs.
This is how this award works. To accept the nomination I have to:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs that have under 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees to let them know that I nominated them.
Kelsey at Growing Gracefully in Third Grade
Stephanie at The Learning Chambers
Carrie and Caitlin at Table Talk with C&C
Foreman Teaches at Foreman Teaches
Questions from 3rd grade theatrics:
1. When did you know you wanted to be an educator?
It took me a while to decide this. Teaching is my 2nd career. I went to college to be a pharmacist because I heard they make great money. I later changed my major to Management and graduated with that degree. My dad was a teacher (taught for 40 years), and I guess I was trying to not follow in his footsteps. I was out of college for 5 years when I decided to go back and become a teacher. I should have known that it was in my blood.
2. What is your favorite classroom memory?
This one is hard. There are a lot of good memories...I guess thinking recently to the past school year, it would be when we finished our trickster tales and shared them with the class. I was very impressed with how they came out, especially with my ELL students. Their stories were by far the best in the class and that was a great moment for me and them. They didn't want to share their stories, so I read them out loud using my best voices and the look of joy on their faces was priceless!
3. What is your dream vacation?
My dream vacation is to travel to Europe. My Great-Grandfather was born in Germany and I would love to see where my family came from.
4. What was your funniest teacher moment?
This was when I was doing my Field Experience. I was in a 3rd grade classroom like once or twice a week and teaching a unit on community. The community we lived in was Mooresville, Indiana. So I was doing what our community was and what it wasn't. We were comparing it to other communities (like Indianapolis). So, John Dillinger was from Mooresville and David Letterman is from Indianapolis. I was trying to get across that well known people can be from anywhere. I was also talking with them about the interstate that goes through and around Indianapolis and that there is no interstate in Mooresville. Again, the point I was trying to get across was that there is more traffic in Indianapolis than in Mooresville. So at the end of the unit I asked the kids what they learned. They learned that criminals come from Mooresville (John Dillinger) and that no accidents happen in Mooresville. Talk about a smack my head moment. LOL!
5. What is your favorite summer activity?
Relaxing! I love not having an agenda.
6. What is your favorite brand of handbags/purses?
Honestly, I just LOVE purses! Doesn't really matter to me. I like to change them out often. Though lately, I've had 2 coach purses.
7. What is your favorite movie?
I love Gone With the Wind.
8. What is your favorite children's book?
My favorite children's book is a Raggedy Ann book. It was an old Golden Book. This was my favorite because I remember when my dad gave it to me. I guess it made me feel special. Now my daughter has it.
9. Which holiday, during the school year, do you look forward to the most?
Ugh. I hate holidays at school! I dislike holiday parties! But, I guess I most look forward to Christmas because we get a break and get to see lots of family.
10. What is your favorite on-the-go snack?
I like to take cut up apples with me when I go places.
11. What is one piece of technology that you can't live without?
I just got an iphone a few months ago. I can't live without that anymore. What we did before smart phones, I have no idea.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF:
1. My very first concert was an Alice Cooper/Scorpians concert and I got to go onstage and dance during the Scorpians song Wild Child.
2. I started playing the church organ when I was 14 years old.
3. I broke my arm during a marching band competition.
4. I secretly want to be a cake decorator.
5. I LOVE cooking shows, especially cooking competition shows.
6. I love anything with Johnny Depp in it.
7. I lost 50 pounds!
8. I knew I was going to marry my husband before I met him. :) My friends all knew him and kept talking about him.
9. My favorite color is Orange.
10. I love Pink Floyd.
11. I hate air conditioning!!! I freeze...brrrr.
My 11 questions
1. What is your favorite subject to teach?
2. Who is your role model?
3. What is your favorite TV Show?
4. If you could have dinner with any 3 people of your choice, who would you choose?
5. What's your favorite grade to teach and why?
6. What advice would you give to a new teacher?
7. Who was your best teacher? Why?
8. What's your favorite dessert?
9. What's your favorite song right now?
10. What are your hobbies?
11. What are your hopes and dreams for this upcoming school year?