Saturday, April 20, 2013

Morning Meeting

I try very hard to do morning meeting everyday, but some days I have a difficult time getting it in. I also have stopped doing morning message, which is not good. My morning meetings are always impromptu...I have so many other things to plan, I do not have time to plan MM like I should. I also feel that my morning messages should be more than just a preview of the day. I want to use it for teaching purposes. So, to help myself, I created a Morning Meeting planner. It has all 4 parts of morning meeting.

In addition, I came up with a schedule for for LA concepts that I can teach each week that is common core related for the whole year. I also have a years worth of share ideas. I will implement this for the remainder of the year and extremely excited to start off the year with it.



Here is the link for the Morning Meeting organizer. Morning Meeting

I also have a freebie to offer.  14 Morning Meeting greetings and 13 activities, with instructions.


Freebie

I hope you enjoy!  Have a great weekend!  Andrea

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I use MM in my classroom as well, and sometimes it is a little too spur-of-the-moment for my liking! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea! I just found your blog through the Third Grade Blog Lovin' linky! I am new to the blog world and I love finding other third grade blogs! I'm your newest follower! :o)

    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas! I use MM and we have a variety of greetings, but it's always good to have more. We also do "International greetings" which is perfect for those who have come from other countries. I make a list at the begining with common ones-- or countries I know the students are from. This year, we worked on the Russian word for hello, when I knew I had a student coming from Russia. It was perfect, because the students went up and greeted him first thing in the morning. The boy's anxiety melted away! The other popular greetings we have is "shoes" - everyone tosses one of their shoes in a pile and then you pick a new shoe. That is the person you greet. We do "cards". It's simply a matching set of cards 1-1, 2-2, etc and you find your partner to say goodmorning. Another one is also a challenge where the students sit and they have to pass an object (we started with a stuffed animal, then moved to a ball) using only their legs to the next person. No hands allowed. It was great for teamwork too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is listed as a freebie here on your blog, but the link takes it to a paid product on TPT...is this no longer free???

    Thank you anyway

    ReplyDelete